Another EE here (plus mechanical undergrad).  On balance I think Rossi has
something, but I have been disappointed by too many of his slap-dash demos
over the last two years to put my reputation on the line in backing him.
 And there are some potentially big holes in the electrical power delivery
(that have been discussed to death here).  I can't give him the benefit of
the doubt give his dubious history, and It would need a more rigorously
instrumented test by people who are more aggressively skeptical than in his
tests to date for me to give unequivocal support.