As a side-model to the thermal simulation I have an electrical model of the
"control box" --- inputting a sine wave into a variac, and applying a "dimmer"
and a "duty-cycle" waveform --- I then look at the power in the resistor, and
use that to input heat into the thermal model. A 50hz ripple won't even show in
the noise.

I do NOT plan to add DC to the model.

Also, remember that some (most?) Vorticians regard Rossi's experiments as
incremental  -- for instance, the Penon report which first used the radiative
calorimetry.

I in particular take many of Rossi's statements seriously. (Given that he's
prone to some exaggeration and thinking ahead much further than he's actually
reached. On that front, expect a steam turbine announcement pretty soon. )

Remember  when the "Swedish Lab Expert" walked away in disgust because Rossi
wasn't using a True RMS meter?

Rossi said that he repeated the test with a Variac, not the usual Triac
controller.  You can't get DC through a Variac!!!!!!
(Of course, you can say he's lying.)

So now you (John) imply that he must have used the DC fake for Penon and the
Swedes, and then had to switch to some OTHER fake for the Variac, then back to
DC for Levi ......

> Fletcher is also working on Spice thermal simulation that will tell
> us how hot the thing gets, which is what I really want to know.

> Also, I think Mizuno wants to know. It turns out he is noodling
> around with this system, he just told me. I hope we can present some
> of his data at ICCF18.

I'm getting near to a calibrated version (I currently have a bug which says
1+1=3). Of course, nothing is described completely in the reports. Penon gives
outside diameter and mass, but no inner diameter. Levi gives inner and outer
diameters, but no mass !!!!