You are allowed a few typos under those conditions.  ;)  We will miss him.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sat, Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Rossi and DGT Similarity?

Already see a couple oftypos – kW is power, not energy.

Calculations, even with aidof Windows - are not recommend during a (Pinot
Grigio fueled) wake for Sergio…

From:Jones Beene

Dave,

In terms of kg of hydrogen per kW of energy, the rule of thumb isa gain of
200:1 (ratio) if the hydrogen goes to an average redundancy levelthat Mills
apparently believes is correct. This would be on the low side - ifsome of that
f/H then converts via a nuclear pathway.

Thus, without redundancy compare to the 33 kWhr/kg or 33watt-hr/gm as energy
density for regular hydrogen combustion, that becomesabout 6,600 kWhr/kg for
f/H. Thus 1 kWhr requires ~ .15 g with f/H and nosecondary nuclear contribution.

For 4000 hrs (half a year) for a continuous megawatt of thermaloutput
(supposedly the big blue box) or 4 gigawatt-hrs - that would consumeover 600
kg. of hydrogen in half a year. This would be derived from 2,400 kg ofmethane.
The energy density by weight of methane is published as 14 kWh/kg soif you
merely burned the methane instead of removing the hydrogen for the ECatyou
would face as much as a 500:1 deficit over the ECat.

Apparently a HotCat which may be more efficient - at a kW outputwith only 5
grams of hydrogen available in a sealed capsule could not run forover 30 hours
unless it was better than the 200:1.

Caveat – this is a Saturday evening back of the envelopecalculation J and given
that Robin is already Sunday morning, I was hoping hewould oblige.

From:David Roberson

I was hoping that you or someone else would have calculated theamount of
hydrogen required to put out a reasonable amount of power for themandatory 1/2
year.