Hi,
[snip]
>Robin,
>

>If UV is the type of radiation being released and is not capable of ionizing
>the nearby free gas then your point is valid.
>

>I have a suspicion that we are speaking of low energy X rays instead due to
>the magnitude of the energy released.  How many atoms must share the MeV level
>of release to allow each to only emit UV?

Woah, too many false assumptions! ;)

1) I'm thinking of a model in which most, if not all of the energy released is
from shrinkage, and is not nuclear in origin, hence there is little of no MeV
energy release.

2) It gets ever more difficult to shrink Hydrinos, as they get smaller. This is
the primary reason that most of the energy release is from Hydrino formation.
I.e. under ordinary circumstances very few actually get small enough to fuse.

3) For smaller "p" values (i.e. not much shrinkage), the energy of the UV
photons is on the order of hundreds of eV or less, whereas the kinetic energy of
electrons in a spark can easily reach thousands of eV.

4) The UV will readily ionize both H and H2.

5) Ionization is not the critical factor.

6) Breaking the Hydrino molecules apart, allows them to multiply, bypassing the
shrinkage steps, thus vastly increasing the reaction rate and power output,
hence the importance of using a spark. BTW this also gives much more control
over the reaction. (You can vary the rate at which sparking occurs.)

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk