Hi,

The problem I have with this is that it would allow any energy liberating
mechanism (even chemical reactions) to result in a particle simply "taking off"
with the momentum later to be passed to some other particle somewhere else
(potentially anywhere), after light has had a chance to reach it.

We don't see this happen.

>Robin,
>

>I do not see a problem with what Eric is suggesting.  Regardless of how many
>charges and moving charges reside in the universe, only the net vector fields
>due to all of them is present at the location of the D reactions.  The
>superposition of all of the individual fields results in one final value that
>interacts.  The various vectors of the total could arise far away from the D
>site, but their levels would drop off very fast with distance so only the
>nearest ones would generally dominate.
>

>For example, the total magnetic field vector at a point determines how a
>moving charged particle's path is curved at that point.  The potentially far
>off source of that field does not have to get information about the movement
>of that particle before the force is felt.  This type of thought fits into the
>concept that local time is what counts for a reference frame.  Distance makes
>the local times different between the "friend" nucleus and the interacting D's.
>

>If you follow up on the momentum and energy pulses detected by the "friends"
>nearby, then they would not see any reaction forces until the time required
>for light speed fields to reach them.  After that period has elapsed, they
>would be subject to potentially large dynamic forces.
>

>Dave
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk