Jim,
BTW, I worked for the same company as this guy for 10 years @ Sandwell
Engineering (I was in their Atlanta office but went/back & forth to
Vancouver, BC)
"Dr. Stephen Ramsay is a professional engineer and mathematician
specializing in engineering meteorology and risk assessment with Sandwell
Engineering, Vancouver, B.C."

I understand the hot/cold air vortex concept.  I really don't have much of
an idea of the energy/efficiency balance.  Their claim:
“When the vortex is less than 20 meters in height, [generated power] is
invisible,” he says. As the vortex size increases, the amount of energy
produced increases exponentially, Michaud’s theory predicts."

They need to prove they will get an exponential increase in energy. I don't
necessarily agree with their theory.  Mesoscale tornadoes are generated
beneath strong jet streams rotating and pulling a strong vacuum from above
and also generating gravitational waves in the atmosphere as predicted by
Einstein and shown clearly over Moore, OK and Joplin, MO and During
Hurricane Sandy.  Here are a couple of pictures from my research, I have
more on my blog

Stewart
darkmattersalot.com