Well, we already proved wikipedia was wrong about waterspouts lifting water
so they are not necessarily the leading authority on anything.

I agree with most of the thermodynamics below, unlike a waterspout with one
string of vacuum energy they have many in multi body orbits around the
eyewall doing the vacuum evaporating of the seawater, cooling the ocean and
vacuum condensing the water vapor along the eyewall. Once their simple
model also explains:

1) electromagnetic discharge along the eyewall
2) multiple mesovortexes within isabell's eye
3) gravity waves emanating from the disturbance and along the cold conveyor
leaving the eye
4) earthquakes before and after the disturbance along the path
5) multiple interlocking strings and rainbows witnessed in the sky along
the the front ahead of Sandy
6) wailing sounds in the overhead jetstreams days ahead of Sandy along her
path
7) how that disturbance known as Sandy can be held together against wind
shear and turn left into New Jersey/New York against the cold North
Atlantic current trying to take it Northeast and still keep the central
pressure low.

Then I believe they will have their model nailed.  I have discussed all of
these on my blog.

I am not sure what artificial intelligence has to do with it but it is a
nice buzzword.

Stewart
Darkmattersalot.com