Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 09:27:10 -0400
Subject: Re: [Vo]:News about Defkalion Europe...
From: jedrothw...@gmail.com
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com

Frederic Gilardone is quoted:

Currently, the temperatures obtained are of the order of 600 ° C in the
secondary circuit through the use of appropriate thermal fluids.

The reactor can be activated and deactivated in a short period of time and the
reaction is quite mastered (about 20 to 30 minutes after start). . . .What is
it with the people who visit Defkalion?!? They don't have wristwatches? They
don't carry pens or a pad of paper?!? "About 20 to 30 minutes" -- what the hell
is that supposed to mean? Which is it? 20 or 30? How many times did you observe
it? Did you write down the start time and duration to full power, or did you
stand there gaping? "On the order of 600°C" means what? 550°C? 670°C +/- 30°C?

What kind of calorimetry do they use? What is the flow rate? How has it been
calibrated? What instruments do they use to measure input power?
This is terribly annoying. Dekalion has is annoying! To my knowledge they have
never published a calibration curve or any other qualitative data. These
impressionistic reports are not science and not engineering. They are public
relations fluff, like the science reporting in the "USA Today" newspaper.