Utah (a rather significant data point, wouldn't you agree Jed?) doesn't fit
the ethnic interpretation of Morrison's regionalization.  Its one of the
"whitest", most northern European enclaves in the world -- including
northern Europe nowadays.

If I were to try to find a better description than "urban" (clearly Japan
is highly urban, as is Italy) I'd say NATO elitist.

Also, nordics, in particular, appear to be highly susceptible to political
correctness even while they are rather rural by heritage (allodial law and
natural duel were in effect longest in those countries).  Southern Europe
seems less beset by political correctness and indeed seems to exercise much
cultural dominance (eg Rome, JudeoChristianity, etc) -- so the team-up
between Italy and Sweden makes a lot of sense, as does the relative freedom
of thought in Israel (which is hardly what you would call a politically
correct slave culture).