This is a good reason to have a very hard time with this trade secret
approach that the LENR businesses guys are taking.

Think of the millions of years of life expectancy they could save if they
just disclosed everything they had and then tried to patent it, rather than
this trade secret approach.  Think of how they could accelerate the
replacement of coal with LENR.

This is one of the reasons why I don't think Rossi has anything.   If he
did, why not just disclose it all and then patent it?    People say he
wouldn't get a patent because it's cold fusion, but that's just plain
craziness.

The patent examiners would be more than happy to give him a patent if he
proves it works.  Disclosing how it's made would be the first step to doing
that.

I think if he keeps this up, they should refuse to give him a patent.
Instead, a patent should be given to the first group that publicly
demonstrates (open to one and all) a machine that works.   This is, after
all, what patents are for - to encourage full disclosure, not to encourage
what Rossi is doing.