My recent way of thinking suggests that heat energy is just random sound.  If
some way is found to direct the movements of the atoms in a coordinated manner,
then that would look very much like a sound wave passing through the medium.  I
bet we could figure out how much the effective temperature of that wave is by
the speed change of the atoms subjected to that signal.  Double the
instantaneous velocity of the atoms and you multiply the instantaneous energy
by a factor of 4.  This is like heating up the material a large amount.

Since heat is apparently what makes Rossi's ECAT function, then this type of
sound wave traveling through it should do something similar.  At least that is
the concept.

Heat appears to equal sound with a random momentum vector that balances out
over the entire mass of material while still having energy due to the motion of
the atoms.  The energy always adds regardless of the direction of the motion,
while the momentum is a vector that can balance out.  Sound to me is just the
condition where momentum is directed by some source.  That is why sound travels
rapidly through materials while heat slowly spreads out.  Give the idea some
thought.

Dave