Dennis,

Very interesting.  So far, out of two hundred electrolysis experiments, the
only one I find with much promise involves nitinol.  Looking at the Debye
temp of titanium (~ 107C) I think this makes sense with the thermal
triggering that I did.  I found that the maximum temperature remained
elevated for hours after 10 to 30 second pulses with a joule heater in the
cell.  I replicated it once in the past, but it may be time for me to
revisit this.

Jack