DJ Cravens <djcrav...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> sounds like the Les Case system I have now.   Tube in a tube.

I think it is just a sensor mounted on the outside of a copper tube. The
oil flows through the tube. Not having a T will reduce the likelihood of a
leak. McKubre and I have some concerns about mixing. Not many concerns,
because the calibration looks good.

>   The problem is if you have the delta T too high the properties of the
> oil (heat cap., viscosity,...) start to confuse things.----- at least for
> me.

Yes. They have thought about these issues.

blaze spinnaker <blazespinna...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I read 195 watts input, up to 20 watts excess.   Is that correct?

You may be right. I don't have access to the slides or abstract.

> That's a little weak and seems subject to measurement error.

It sounds like a small percent of input but I do not think it is a problem
because the input power is direct current resistance heating. It is only
needed to bring the cell up to the working temperature. It does not
contribute directly to the reaction. It does not control the reaction the
way Rossi's heat does, or Defkalion's sparking does.

DC power is very stable and easy to measure with high precision. If this
were 195 W of electrolysis, sparking or glow discharge the input power
would be irregular and somewhat difficult to measure, but 195 W of DC power
has to be the easiest thing in experimental science to measure. So the
background noise is low. Having said that, from Kitamura's lecture and
slides it is a little unclear what the background noise level is. Unclear
to me, anyway.