Kevin O'Malley <kevmol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, but I still say this is a mechanism to measure people's opinions,
> or their feelings.
> ***No, it is NOT.  When I put up the contract for whether or not Dr.
> Arata's experiment would be replicated in a peer reviewed journal, it had
> zero to do with people's opinions or feelings.

On the contrary, that outcome depends on the opinions of the journal
editors. Many fine experiments are not replicated because people will not
fund them, or they are not published because the editors are biased.

These decisions are political, or emotional, or they are made to protect
funding, or out of spite. All of the reasons are emotional. None have any
connection to science per se. If you win a bet, it is because of emotional
changes in people, not because of any underlying facts. If facts made any
difference, every scientist on earth would be convinced that cold fusion is
real.

You are measuring public opinion vis a vis cold fusion.
> ***NO, you are not.   If that were the case, then my contract would talk
> about public opinion results rather than peer reviewed journal publications
> and replication of a scientific finding.

Whether a replication is done depends not on public opinion but rather on
the opinions of a small number of people who control funding. You mentioned
Pam Boss. In her case, an Admiral in Washington has stopped her research
indefinitely. His opinion is the only one that counts. He has no knowledge
of the science.