You mean including the cost of running countries on Coal, Peat and
Oil instead? I think over the 60s-90s, PLEEENTY of more lives would have
 been spent due to extreme particle emissions/smog and the like.  It was
 actually bad once upon a time, and it would have been a lot worse
without nuclear power. But you know all this, Jed.  Anyway, maybe you're
referring to cost expressed in
Dollars and Yens. (pun intended : D)

/Sunil

" I am pretty sure this one accident wiped out all the savings that nuclear
power every made in Japan. Probably it cost more than all the savings in the
world, not just Japan."