You can replicate anything you please without permission if you're not
selling whatever it is. If the patent details how to build a LeClair system
and it's clear from the patent how to do it and it only costs $250 then it
is inconceivable that someone wouldn't try to replicate it.

I call bullshit on the original assertion that anyone could build a working
LeClair system.

[m]