I wrote:

> In 2012, total installed nameplate capacity was 60 GW. With a capacity
> factor of 30% that's ~18 GW. It produced 3% of U.S. electricity.

Ah ha. It is more than 3% now. That was with 2011 end-of-year capacity. See:

http://www.windpoweringamerica.gov/pdfs/2012_annual_wind_market_report.pdf

Quote:

"A number of countries are beginning to achieve high levels of wind energy
penetration: end-of-2012 installed wind power is estimated to supply the
equivalent of nearly 30% of Denmark’s electricity demand,  compared to
approximately 18% for Portugal and Spain, 16% for Ireland, and 10% for
Germany. In the United States, the cumulative wind power capacity installed
at the end of  2012 is estimated, in an average year, to equate to roughly
4.4% of electricity demand.

So back to my back-of-the-envelope comparison with nukes:

* Nukes produced 19% of electricity compared to 4.4% from wind, ~4.3 times
more.

* Nukes have about 5.5 more actual capacity than wind (not nameplate).

Those numbers are in pretty good agreement.