It is always difficult for me to accept that the living world constantly needs
our intervention, as if the whole of adaptive evolution never took place -
including dramatic catastrophes.  Rupert Sheldrake once claimed that some small
birds learned to attack products delivered by the milkman- clearly within
historical times.  I once set up bird feeders and soon found a hummingbird come
by, as if to ask, "where's my feeder?" ( I then put one up for nectar feeders)

Tall towers and windmills are a hazard to birds ( they hit the guy wires, too).
OTOH, these can offer a wonderful and productive perch for many birds.  A tower
can be a 1000 or more feet high with no branches to obstruct the view.  If a
bird is wise enough to avoid the hazards, it might enjoy the convenient view of
distant prey.