"It kills thousands of times fewer birds than coal smoke does, and steam
from power generator cooling towers do. It kills fewer birds than
reflective glass buildings do. If we could replace all coal with wind
today, it would save far more birds than it kills. It would also save
roughly 20,000 human lives per year. That is how many people are killed by
coal smoke particulates."

Sure, but if the rate of windmill capacity doubled 7 more times or so, I
wouldn't want to be a bird.     I also have this weird fear that we might
create a drag that slows the spin of the earth's rotation.  :D