http://www.scienceinschool.org/2009/issue12/fireballs

I judge this to be important of the LENR scientist as follows:

These patterns proved that the fireballs were indeed full of particles with
an average radius of about 25 nm - i.e. they are nanoparticles. The data
also showed that* the particles varied widely in size (very important)* (as
is typical of aerosols) and that there were about 109 particles per cubic
centimetre. This makes the volume fraction of solid material (the ratio of
volume of solid to total volume of space) in the fireball around 10-7 or 10
-8. There was really only a very, very, small amount of matter in the
cloud. The analysis also suggested that the particles had quite a rough
surface: the scientists found the surface to have a fractal dimension of
2.6 (2.0 corresponds to a smooth 2D surface,