From: Nigel Dyer [mailto:l...@thedyers.org.uk]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 4:41 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:unknown mechanism generates voltage in the powder cracks

I think there is a link.   I think that one of the simplest interpretations
of Jerry Pollacks work is that in certain circumstances water holds lightly
to its protons, and will loose them leaving a region of negatively charged
(but not alkalie) water.   This can happen with water adsorbed on a surface,
and you get static electricity.  It can happen with suspended water
droplets, and can result in negatively charged water droplets leaving
charged protons behind, resulting in large potential differences in clouds.
No reason to expect excess heat in any of this, just different ways of using
work energy to create charge separation.

Nigel