Just wanted to add one minor thought to the discussion.  Could it be that the
breaking up of the D into pieces might actually take energy from the system
that is then added back by a relatively minor amount of more or less standard H
reaction with nickel?  The implications of such a process are strange indeed,
but at least the energy output tracks with what Rossi has been producing.

I suppose that someone might point out that these guys favor using D instead of
H as reactant gases.  Perhaps the test cells varied in efficiency and the D
cells won in this special case.

This whole concept makes me wonder about the ability of nano particle heavy
nickel to act as a catalyst to split apart D atoms.  AFAIK, no one has reported
such behavior in previous experiments.  Is there reason to consider this
particular experiment as being substantially different from previous ones where
nickel was exposed to D?  In other words, why now?

I admit that I need the same break that Eric requests.  Sometimes you must wait
on the sidelines a bit longer than others before you get the call to enter the
game.

Dave