Well, yes, it is semantics.  What you are describing is not chemical energy
at all.  Chemical energy specifically deals with the shared electron
binding energy in formation of compounds with other atoms.  What you are
describing is the possible ability of monatomic H, D, or T to access and
tap the zero point energy.  This would not be chemical, but would fall into
the category of ZPE.  Such possibilities may exist (only postulated to
exist), but they should not be classified as "chemical".  If Mills is
correct in his hydrino postulate, then that may be yet another energy
category - call it "atomic" instead of nuclear or chemical.  It does
involve the electron, but not in formation of compounds with other atoms,
so it is not chemical.  Since the hydrino formation does not involve the
nucleus, it is not nuclear.

I don't think I ever mentioned "nuclear" in my previous post.

Bob