Here's another technology that has been ready to go into production but
languishing since
2009<http://jimbowery.blogspot.com/2014/05/greenhouses-are-not-next-green.html>that,
as a minor side effect, solves the oil crisis.  Its real benefit is
that it reduces the ecological footprint of civilization to near
zero.obsolete.