>From many experts in engine I've heard that stirling engine are not a
realistic solution...
They are popular but don't works well on the field. (hearsay)
***Perhaps that is because there hasn't been much money poured into R&D for
stirlings.  If LENR were to break out of its skeptopathic prison cell, it
would break open the money gates holding back technology such as Stirling
Cycle engines.

Only application seems to be small 1kWmech electric production in CHP. this
may be very usefull anyway for home CHP.
***Exactly.  Stirlings are in the position where they are the most
realistic solution when there's a concentrated heat source.  All that's
missing is the concentrated heat source, and if Rossi gets the nod from
NASA and those independent professors, he'll have no trouble with getting
the patent.

I've heard better about rankine engine (not turbine) and some variation of
the stirling where valves are added, the ericsson engine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ericsson_cycle
***Do you know of publicly traded companies that sell these engines?

Some expert told me that we should not in fact focus on todays technology
as today turbine and engine are small market, and that if thermal engine
are produced with the same technology and volume as car engine, it may cost
700$...
***And as far as I can tell, the only publicly traded company focused on
developing a thermal engine is CYPW.  There was Infinia, but they went
bankrupt and the assets were bought by a private Israeli company.