It does look more intense.  I also got to thinking that the electrodes
could have condensation on them, thus producing a little bit of the effect.
 After I wiped them down and did another control run with electrodes only,
there was very little spark/light.  One attempt after wiping the
electrodes, produced no spark.

Also, the control with the wire only picks up moisture from my fingers.
 I'll have to figure out a way to place it to minimize that.

I tried a new run with constantan wire.  It was the most intense light yet.
 See the picture at the bottom of the post.

http://www.lenr-coldfusion.com/2014/08/26/sun-cell-lite-testing/