On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 7:39 PM, Orionworks - Steven Vincent Johnson <
orionwo...@charter.net> wrote:

The point is, there is NO ONE on this planet that I know who doesn't
> possess a personal collection of faults for which they are trying to find a
> better way of juggling in a more elegant way.

The issue is not whether people have faults.  It's whether a civilized
discussion is at all possible.  In the final analysis, the actual topics
that are being discussed are not that relevant in the present context.
 It's the hijacking of the conversation in a direction that people have
expressed displeasure with and find distracting, and it's the expressing of
one's views in a way that is sure to provoke reprisals.

Don't impose on people.  Don't be discourteous.  If people express
displeasure with where the conversation is being taken, let the topic die.
 Obviously do not intentionally lay down flamebait in a series of posts
that you know will provoke a heated reaction.  All of this should be
apparent, and none of it should really need to be said.

Eric