To be fair, my basic argument about life patents of nobility applies to all
higher education degrees, not just Ivy League degrees.  And to be fairer
the value employers place on degrees is starting to diminish.  And to be
even fairer, people are starting to question the relative value of Ivy
League degrees relative to other degrees -- particularly in terms of return
on investment.

Be that as it may, the Mills chronology goes back a quarter century --
before many of the recent changes in the treatment of higher education
degrees -- and it would definitely be unfair to say that the advantageous
RoI on Ivy League degrees
<http://www.bestvalueschools.com/top-25-ranked-engineering-programs-with-the-best-return-on-investment/>
has gone the way of the dodo just yet.

I will say, however, that in the aforelinked study, Cornell came out behind
Georgia Tech for STEM degree RoI.