James Bowery <jabow...@gmail.com> wrote:

To be fair, my basic argument about life patents of nobility applies to all
> higher education degrees, not just Ivy League degrees.

To be realistic, I have never seen or experienced this. Ever. Not in 40
years.

Perhaps when I was just out of college, I might have gotten one or two jobs
thanks to an Ivy League degree. But they were not very good jobs, and I did
not get any more money than co-workers from non-Ivy League schools, and
co-workers who did not go to college. Nor did I deserve any more money.

I think you are imagining this phenomenon.