I do partly agree with you Jed. It is not the school or the education that
is privileged. The statements from those institutions are lifted up on a
pedestal because they already are accredited. I think people often select
this or that school or education because they want some of the glory and
that actually gives even more credit to the institutions (a no good
situation). I like your comments that you maybe had some advantage early on
but others had the same without ivy league diploma. Yes, I agree with that,
but the reason is not hanging together with the education as education
should hardly be the criteria for employment. Lack of good methods for
hiring is the reason for that situation. Today many jobs are having a go -
no go test, when it comes to education, which is both wrong and
meaningless.
Look upon why LENR does not get funding. Same thing - not established. The
institutions are ruling and they fit well with the government. LENR is
risky business. No Ivy League school will take the risk and no school
concerned about their status either.That means that the institutions can
increase fees and charge for expert analysis and advice at a higher rate,
which will give professors tenure at a good income. Who would want to take
a chance?

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899
202 Granite Park Court, Lincoln CA 95648

“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment
to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” PJM