----- Original Message -----
From: "josh hayles" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2000 9:29 AM
Subject: [voyager] Re: on-disk-cache
>
> I'm still running the first 3.0 version of Voyager (works nicely for me.)
I
> decided to delete the disc cache the other day, and guess what...IT TOOK
> ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it was BIG, but I hadn't
> realised it was THAT big.
That's not necessarily because of the size of the cache, but rather because
it contains many many small files. Depending on your filesystem, this can
increase the time to delete tremendously.
--
C-ya! // VP of NAK, <http://surf.to/NAK/>
Chris \X/ [EMAIL PROTECTED] member of Team *AMIGA*
----------Digital Quill Graphics----------- | Amiga 2000/T-Rex
-------Specializing in Heat Applied-------- | Graphic Workstation
---------Digital Image Transfer to--------- | 68060@50Mhz/96Meg/
----T-shirts, Mugs, Mousepads and More!---- | 2.1 Gig. Motorollin!
_____________________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - http://v3.vapor.com/
Voyager FAQ....: http://faq.vapor.com/voyager/
Listserver Help: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=HELP
Unsubscribe....: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=UNSUBSCRIBE