Hi Marco,

I'm a bit surprised you had a lot of issues compiling directly on the board: I
don't have a ThunderX board to test, but I just built vpp on a nxp1043, which
is an armv8 platform.
And just like you, no cross compilation.
So, I have 2 suggestions:
- try build first with PLATFORM=vpp_lite : with this, we can first check if
everything but dpdk is building correctly.
FYI, I did not try to build the packages as I'm on a stripped Ubuntu rootfs on
this platform
- Them switch to VPP, but using an already installed DPDK: within vpp.mk, you
have the possibility to override the default values (ie external dpdk)

Christophe

This message, including attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL. It may also be privileged
or otherwise protected by law. If you received this email by mistake, please
let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy
it or disclose its contents to anyone. All messages sent to and from Enea may
be monitored to ensure compliance with internal policies and to protect our
business. Emails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as
they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
contents of this message, which arise as a result of email transmission. Anyone
who communicates with us by email accepts these risks.