I can see the problem:

in vpp.mk, vpp_dpdk_arch is set to native, as you are in the NOT x86_64
case. Leads to DPDK_MARCH set to native in dpdk/Makefile and hence
RTE_MACHINE set to native. When you get to the DPDK build system, native
always means some operating system and some compiler, but always with
x86_64.

So this is for you an even more important reason than what I mentioned
earlier that vpp.mk needs to be fleshed out for your case, Marco.

Burt