To add on the reported issue below, similarly, (I think that) the DPDK tarball
can be also (always) found in the workspace hence  never "freshly" downloaded
either.

Snipped of the logs below:
---
11:00:48 @@@@ Finding source for dpdk @@@@
11:00:48 @@@@ Makefile fragment found in /w/workspace/vpp-verify-master-
ubuntu1604/build-data/packages/dpdk.mk @@@@
11:00:48 @@@@ Source found in /w/workspace/vpp-verify-master-ubuntu1604/dpdk
@@@@
---

--
Marco V

SUSE LINUX GmbH | GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409, Nürnberg