Hi Ed,
On Wed, 2017-11-29 at 03:24 +0000, Ed Kern (ejk) wrote:

> All the jobs that ive looked at vpp verify’s are still set to ‘single use
> slave’  So there is no re-use..
>

> if the job is run by jenkins and is either ubuntu or centos it will attempt to
> pull and install
>
> ubuntu:
>
> vpp-dpdk-dev
>
> vpp-dpdk-dkms

I suppose that's exactly my point of "not-clean-state".It will attempt to
install but since it finds those packages already installed then obviously it
doesn't keep going.I was trying to ask and understand how is it possible that on
a "fresh booted" VM there're already packages installed.I suppose that what the
message "Up-to-date DPDK package already installed" points out, am I
correct?Similarly, the DPDK tarball is already downloaded when the 'curl'
command runs since the source tarball can already be found in /dpdk

> centos:
>
> vpp-dpdk-devel
>

> if running the build of opensuse or any build outside of jenkins it will
> attempt to build it from scratch..
Right, I believe that should always be the approach tho...
> (thats one of the issues you were seeing the other day)
>

> https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/9606/
>

> both that dpdk-17.08 rev’d up and also the fact that they added stable to the
> directory name..
>
> and to make matters worse (only because their mirrors are hosed)  the makefile
> was pointed at
> fast.dpdk.org
>
> which points to three servers that return at least two different cksums…(So a
> total of 3 different a. pre 11/27 b. two post 11/27)
>
> in my patch above i just changed it to
> static.dpdk.org which is slower but consistent.
Great... we could have modified my patch since yours looks pretty similar...
anyway, I abonded mine with the open yours gets merged sooner.