Hi Herbert and Martin,

Now I solved the getopt problem with recompiling the util-vserver package
for ARM, thanks!

Now The vserver script seems can run,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/sbin# vserver
Usage: /sbin/vserver <vserver>
{start|stop|suexec|restart|condrestart|exec|enter|chkconfig|running|status|delete}

However, I tried to run
#vserver va780 build -m yum --context 43 --hostname=va780 --interface
va7800=eth0:192.168.1.2/24 --rootdir /vserver1 --pkgbase /vserver1/.pkg --
-d gpe
to create a vserver, it told me:
ERROR: Can not find configuration for the distribution 'a780';
 please read http://linux-vserver.org/HowToRegisterNewDistributions
 for information how to add support for your own distribution.

However, if I remove the "-d" option, it told me:
ERROR: Can not determine distribution; please specify it manually with
 the '-d' option.

Any ideas? What distribution should be used for Arm? thanks!

Wenbin

On 4/20/07, Herbert Poetzl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 09:35:13AM -0400, Wenbin Zhang wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Anybody has experiences for Vserver on ARM? I have lots of problems
> for this.

yep, seems to works fine here ...

> Firstly I compiled the kernel with Vserver, then compiled the
> util-vserver. However I haven't made the util-vserver run on my Arm
> phone. The first reason is my arm phone doesnot support Bash while
> vserver script is based on Bash. Then I installed the Arm Bash on my
> phone. The next problem is getopt. 'Getopt' is required for Vserver
> script, but I cannot find a good Getopt source and compile it on Arm.

the getopt is a standalone tool which is part of
util-linux (so it should be easy to rebuild that
for arm) alternatively you can use the bash bult-
in getopts ...

> And I also noticed duing Vserver setup phase, the program need connect
> with outside to download some package.

not really, but it depends on the build method
e.g. template based build methods will not need
any network access, while network :) based ones
will ....

> I still haven't find an easy way to connect the Arm phone with
> internet.

should be fairly trivial via bluetooth, just make
a pairing with a laptop and configure the network
to route over it, and masquerade the phone's ip
(probably private) ...

> I am still thinking.. Anybody can share some experiences for
> this? thanks!

best,
Herbert