On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Toby Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Alexander, sorry it took me a while to get back... the patch looks fine
> to me on the face of it, but then again I'm not really familiar with the
> differences between the two versions of SQLite. Is the speed of using either
> method comparable? Are you familiar with whether the SQLite3 Perl module is
> available on Windows via ActiveState? (I haven't looked yet).

Yes, SQLite 3 is available as DBD::SQLite. But I didn't see any noticeable
differences in performance: switching the DB to a ramdisk is a lot
more effective.
So the only argument for switching is that SQLite2 is sort of obsolete. On the
downside, it may bring hidden bugs, like the one in that hunk which adds '+0' to
a request to make it work.

Alexander