Hello Robyn,

Thank you for your quick reply.

You assume correctly, all xxx addresses are in public IP address space. My
ISP has confirmed both via e-mail and over the phone that the 6.96/29
addresses are routed to 6.90.

I don't want to use NAT, as the 6.88/29 net is only meant to be a
communication net between my router and their (the ISPs) routers. The point
is to use the Ips assigned (6.96/29).

I have not had this working with another router as this is a new connection,
and I though i'd give vyatta a try instead of donating some more money to
cisco ;)

I'm interested to know if the problem is a bad configuration on my part, or
there might be a problem elsewhere.

Cheers,

Richard.