> Thank you for your quick reply.
>
> You assume correctly, all xxx addresses are in public IP
> address space. My ISP has confirmed both via e-mail and over
> the phone that the 6.96/29 addresses are routed to 6.90.
>
> I don't want to use NAT, as the 6.88/29 net is only meant to
> be a communication net between my router and their (the ISPs)
> routers. The point is to use the Ips assigned (6.96/29).
>
> I have not had this working with another router as this is a
> new connection, and I though i'd give vyatta a try instead of
> donating some more money to cisco ;)
>
> I'm interested to know if the problem is a bad configuration
> on my part, or there might be a problem elsewhere.

And you're positive that the client has its default gateway set correctly
to the Vyatta system? If you can ping the router from a client on the
local subnet, but not ping past the router, that's a typical failure
condition when the client doesn't have its default gateway set correctly.
Everything will work on the local subnet, but you can't do anything beyond
that.

-- Dave