It sounds good, but how come it is not called ibrowse :-)

Dave (biochemist humour) Chandler

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 09:46 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Since no one on the list has started this particular ball rolling yet,
let me be the first to give it a nudge. I have been using Mozilla as my
default browser for the last 6 months or so, and although I won't be
giving it up yet, I must say I am very impressed with what Apple have
come up with in Safari. It _is_ fast (much faster that IE, although
there wouldn't be much point if it wasn't) and so far seems to be
slightly faster than Mozilla, depending on the page.

Steve's Big Thing, the bookmark management, is truly excellent. Very
similar to managing library compenents in iTunes and iPhoto. Much more
impressive to use than to watch being demoed. One cool feature is one
which has a counterpart in Omniweb - a progress window. It displays the
components of a page as they are being downloaded, and each one (ie,
images, etc) can bee double-clicked and displayed in its own window.

The interface has lots of nice little necessary but hidden surprises,
such as holding down the mouse button on the back arrow to see a list
of previous sites. Expected, but not obvious from the interface.

The only thing missing, and this is what will keep me using Mozilla for
a while yet, is forms autofill. First introduced in IE, it has been
taken to a much higher level in Mozilla, and I can't live without it (I
loathe filling in forms!). If Apple (the great innovators) were to give
us something similar in Safari, I'd probably leave Mozilla and the rest
far behind.

What do others think?

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer