Iinet has been the pits lately. ADSL connection appears to have occurred,
but nothing uploads or down loads. Iinet say that a temporary cure is to
reduce the packet size (maximum transmittable units) and Apple has a
Knowledge Base article and script the length of which deters me from trying
it as it involves going into Terminal.

>From my experience temporary may be long term, as I've been having the
problem for over 5 weeks. I either quit attempting to use adsl and use dial
up instead, or keep connecting and disconnecting until I get a connection
that works. The fact that if I persevere I get a connection that works makes
me wonder if iinet has too high a user to modem ratio for adsl subscribers
(or whatever the device is at iinet's end to handle adsl connections).

Michael
(OS 10.2.5, Entourage 10.1.1, Explorer 5.2.2)