Hi all,

A couple of quick questions for anyone who has time..

Have just taken delivery of an old slot-load 400mhz imac with 128Mb Ram

I'd like to run osx on this (nothing intensive apart from games (benchmark Warcraft 3!)

How much extra Ram do I need to obtain realistically 'liveable-with' performance (or should I just leave it in OS9?)

Following on from this - is it me or has the price of RAM gone through the roof? I bought some for a Quicksilver last year from zytech but the prices for all RAM seem to be a lot higher than then ($400 for an imac, then $200 to put a 512k stick in?)

TIA

Stewart

Stewart Woods
Faculty of Media, Society and Culture