On 26/11/03 2:09 PM, "Craig Ringer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Probably. I don't know what exact memory type they use, but any apple
> dealer should be able to tell you. It'll want PC100 SODIMMS. Your apple
> dealer can probably tell you more. Alternately, these people (among many
> others) have some info:
>
> http://www.memoryx.net/imac1.html
>
> SODIMMS are like normal memory, but smaller so that they'll fit in
> smaller computers like the iMac.

This is the correct description of a SODIMM, but the SODIMM's are for the
tray load iMac's (ie the 233, 266 and 333MHz). The 350MHz iMac and above use
the standard SDRAM module. (ie normal size.)

You can use either PC100 or PC133. Personally I buy Apple branded
RAM,....why?

1) If it's faulty they swap it there on the spot. (Generally)
2) You can ring them for support and they actually know what you're talking
about when they know it's a Mac! :o) (well most of the time) :o)
(Tongue in cheek reply on purpose) :o))

But that's my personal preference!

I hope that helps clarify it a little.

Enjoy!