On 26/11/03 2:32 PM, "Kathy Quinlan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]

Normally this statement is correct. The exception to that was the tray load
early iMac. (Maybe there wasn't enough room for large SDRAM modules.) So the
tray load iMac's (233/266/333) used the SODIMM RAM same as the laptops.

Actually on the above statement it's also true for the iMac G4 LCD (the
current range) as they use a SODIMM in the bottom slot (where everyone can
get to) and SDRAM in the inside of it (where only your certified Apple
Service person can get to - only because you have to pull the whole thing
apart and use heatsync goo to put it back together. Excuse the technical
terms.) :o))

All very confusing! ;O)

Kind Regards
Daniel Kerr