I bought a Fender Guitar Pickup for $90 and a MOTU 828 Firewire 8 channel
digital music recording interface for $600 on eBay. Both items were bought
from eBay "shops" run by dealers in America and both were delivered via USPS
within 10 days of the auction closing. Both items were delivered as
advertised in perfect condition. I paid for both items using Paypal and have
used Paypal for buying software and hardware over the net for several years
now without any problems at all. I am not aware of any problems with the
Paypal system but I'm always willing to be enlightened.

BTW I'm going to sell the MOTO-828 as it's surplus to my needs since I got a
Digidesign Mbox so if anyone is in the market for an 8 channel recording
interface with ADAT optical and SPDIF connections email me and I'll send you
more detail. It works with any ASIO compliant multitrack software including
Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and Logic.

Cheers
Rob