In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
on Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 10:59:49AM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> on Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 10:40:05AM +0800, Greg Manzie wrote:
> > The e, d, c and enter keys would hang and sometimes not work at all.
[...]
> it is probably a bit hard to explain why so many keys have failed

Actually: note that 'e', 'd' and 'c' all form a column on the keyboard.
Generally, the natural arrangement of buttons in keyboards and keypads
is as a 'matrix'. While I don't know about Apple keyboards, a
traditional construction and operation of matrices is based around a
"row/column" design. Therefore, failures affecting a column or failures
affecting a row would be a veritable 'calling card' of hardware failure.