On 16/12/04 10:15 AM, "Matt Morgan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Downloading this update seems to have killed my powerbook. Any ideas?
>
> Downloaded update as per normal. Dialogue box to restart, so I pressed OK.
> It closed down apps and then restarted, but a screen I've never seen before
> came up.
> It has a large dark grey box in the middle with a large icon of the power
> button. It reads: You need to restart your computer etc etc
>
> On top of this, across the screen, is a lot of numbers and words mentioning
> things like Kernel version - No debugger configured - dumping debug
> information - exception state and so on. It ends with "panic: We are hanging
> here...."
>
> Have turned the machine off many times via the Power button. Have restarted
> holding down Control-Command - same thing.
> Have tried restarting then holding down Option-Command and R and P. Let go
> after the double restart - same thing.
>
> Thanks for any help before I call the emergency services.
>
> Matt.

You have a Kernal Panic.  Best thing to do at this point is unplug any
peripherals you might have connected to the PB and restart.

If that doesn't work, you may need to 'archive and install' restore, with
your system disks.  If you are unsure of where to go or how to do it, call a
professional!

Seeya

Rod!