Well now you got me worried as 10.3.6 caused some major issues with my machine and i would hope 10.3.7 would fix them (had the bad audio bug and startup lag upwards of 5 minutes on my work machine).

WHat i would suggest we both need is a full clean install. You need to start your computer off the CD (10.3) (hold down the 'c' key) and then do a archive and install of that.

Well to ease your mind that the hardware side is all ok i would recommend jsut getting it to boot off any Apple X cd you can find.

My guesses are a pro would do the clean install, go through your old archives to get any settings they can and try to bring the new one back to being the same as the old one. Of course it should be nice and clean though

Wez

ps I am a sucker for punishment so i'll probably go 10.3.7 anyhow. :)

ps2. It is usually recommended going the combo updater for any system updates but this is usually a much fatter file (think 10.3.6 was 90odd meg)