I just spoke to our company support guy re this Kernal Panic problem. He
fished around on some tech forums and found that a few people have
experienced the same thing. Apparently Apple are aware of the problem.

So, I'm just mentioning this so you can decide for yourself if it's worth
waiting a few days to see if Apple re-release the update.

In the meantime, I have the laborious task of reinstalling Panther and
starting again.

Matt