My parents have one in use with iMac G5 OSX.3

Paid $88 at Hardly Normals so shop around, they are all over the place at a range of prices.

Done a couple of scans and prints with it. Photos at highest quality settings take some time to print, were full A4 size though and I've nothing to compare it with.

Most notable aspect was the quietness while printing, very impressive.

Must be fairly easy to use as Dad managed to do a scan (but cut off the edges of the photo) on his first attempt at scanning and totally unassisted. He's had very limited exposure to computer use. He's also exploring iMovie etc.

Cannot comment on the cost of cartridges as they are still on the first set with only a smallish amount of printing under their belts.

Regards

Paul

Bart Raffaeler wrote:

Hi all
Has anyone out there bought Lexmark printer model X1170 has a scanner and
copy function,
They have them for $94 at the post Office shops,
Has anyone use one on (of course) on a Mac and what are they like, I heard
that there cartridge refills may be expensive.

Thanks

Bart.